Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday "Santu Boy" !!!

All you need is a light heart to fly high :-)

“Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things!” – Author Unknown.

Whoever said that must have had a friend like Santosh. A million little conversations, thousands of bickerings, tons of fun moments, a little melodrama, some more nostalgia…well..i can go on and on and on….. All those lovely memories make this friendship sooo special :-)

This guy-next-door, down-to-earth and heavy bodied but light hearted chap is like a fresh breeze leaving us refreshed all the time in his company. He ain’t someone striking you instantly but someone who can definitely make you ask for more !!

If my friends Pallavi, Smita, Gururaj, Naresh and some others made my MBA days memorable, Santosh has made it nostalgic! Thanks to these folks, I have many happy memories to look back in my life..!

Walking with your friend in the long lanes of your college campus is definitely a beautiful memory…but imagine walking around a bunch of crazy dogs and a crazy boy instigating those dogs on you !!! Bhat gave me such dreadful memories !

Gossiping in the coll library is fun but how about seeing your friend having fun with “that” person whom you hate the most??!! Bhat has this knack of irking me!

When all of us are ready for some fun, who else can make me sick by playing only “Antakshari” all the time…blaring the same old songs into my ears??!!

We had such horrible fights and I decided to call Santosh a “history” in my life and the next day I was with him talking about how relieving it was fighting with him…

Whatever said…this guy has all the patience to put up with my impulsive behaviour, a generous heart to buy me my fave pastry on his bday, his dad’s bday, his akka’s bday, blah..blah..blah..,a sweet tongue which never knew what a harsh word was and a caring (yes really caring) attitude towards anybody not just his friends…. All these and more make Santosh a friend you can truly look upto…

One of those precious possessions I can be very very proud of when I look back in my life is “Friendship with Santosh”. I sincerely pray that our friendship remains forever !

Santosh, I don’t know if you know but you better know now that you are one friend I really treasure. Wishing you many more happy birthdays and also wishing that you find your “lady” luck this year who comes singing “Tumse Milke…” (your fave song) into your life….



PS : A special note from Phani – “This guy is still single and is an absolute eligible bachelor….Rush in your applications to my id ;-)”

15 comments:

  1. Santosh Bhat!!!!! Striking me somewhere cant remember... was on my fren's list some time back but not anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday, Santosh..I hav alwayz liked ur frndshp guys...Haritha, u r truly blessed..
    Cheers 2 ur Friendship...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a very very Happy Birthday, Santosh.
    He was always there for me when I needed him..a truly reliable friend.

    I agree with Haritha that he could be one of your best friends even after instigating crazy dogs towards you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nicely put!!! - Pallavi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Haritha .. well said .. he's a great friend .. no doubt - Venkat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Haritha for this. This is one of the best Gifts I have received on my birthday.

    All these moments are nostalgic for me as well. At this moment I would like to sing " Koi Lauta De Woh Pyaare Pyaare Din " ( Ignore the rest of the song ). I am sure you might not have heard me singing this when we played Antakshari :)

    I never instigated those dogs on to you. They were not pets to listen to me. They always followed you. Whenever we were seated in a group, the dog(s) always used to come close to you and no one else.

    I remember once taking Haritha all the way from Gandipet ( For those who are wondering why Gandipet???, we studied in CBIT ) to Ameerpet to buy her a pastry on my Baava's birthday. To be frank I dont remember why I had to drive all the way to Ameerpet. I am sure it would have been her idea to eat at a good, clean bakery. That makes me wonder now, were there no bakeries ( clean and green ) between Gandipet and Ameerpet?

    I cherish each and every moment of our friendship and wish we continue to have such fun filled moments.

    Ippudu inkoka paata vesukovaalanamaata

    "When It Hasn't been ur day, week or month or even year, I'll be there for you;

    When the rain starts to pour; I'll be there for you; Like I've been there before ........"

    Idi naa kavitvam kaadu. Title song of the TV Series "Friends"

    My life would probably not have been the same without my friends like Haritha, Mahipal, Prasad, Swapna, Venkat ( in alphabetical order )

    You guys are the BEST............ But Remember................I am Better :)

    P.S: Applications to be forwarded to Phani and my Parents. Hurry Up. Applications are already being shortlisted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your Comments Swapna, Venkat and N (??)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For those who don't know Haritha very well :

    She is very particular about cleanliness. She even washes a banana before she eats it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @All - Thanks all for ur comments...

    Santosh - N is deepthi, our junior. Im happy that you liked my surprise and yes ikkadi tho aapei ne comments...dont make me more nostalgic and dont even reveal any more facts about me...plssss :))

    BTW y applications to Phani...nenu ok cheyali first !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey santu boy belated happy birthday!!!!

    akka write up on santu boy is gud...but u dnt knw some real facts abt santu il let u knw later..

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey haritha...grt thngs done by u for ur frnds...
    simply superb...
    sweet moments for evryone
    so..lucky frnds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really liking this way of sharing our memories.....hats off to the ones who made this for you on your b'day.....

    Hope u know that all my best wishes are reserved for you, no matter they are belated....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great write-up kannal, heart touching!

    Phani

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Santosh...Hey can u send ur jatakam details.. Phani seldom jokes... and I intend to take him seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey vasu santosh wants a Tulu Brahmin gal from blore or Mlore and not a telugu gal ;)

    wanted me to mention the same in the blog :P

    ReplyDelete